Saturday, January 14, 2012

Wait, they speak French here?

Bonjour a tous! This post is relatively random thoughts because things pop up in my brain and then I write them.

I have finally finished unpacking! My roommate is definitely happy that I no longer have my huge duffle bag lying on the floor. -And of course it feels more like home now that i'm not living out of a suitcase :) home...wow, that's a bit strange.
Anyways: last night me and some girls from my dorm went over to the boys dorm and we sat outside on the beach and drank some beer and wine and smoked hookah (I didn't smoke because i'm not into hookah). But I hear it was pretty good! It was so beautiful and peaceful sitting on the beach looking out over the Mediterranean and looking backwards out over the town. Pretty surreal. Then I ventured home (mom don't read this part) slightly buzzed from my first EVER wine purchase and got to Skype with my bf Luke-shout out to lukey bear!
This morning me and some friends  caught the train to Nice early to go exploring. The train ride was breathtaking-all you could see was coast line and rolling hills-wow! We arrived in Nice and there were people EVERYWHERE. I guess there are a lot of sales going on in the stores. We walked along the side streets and then along the boardwalk. I was slightly disappointed that we didn't see anyone famous-but it's only a 20 minute train ride so there will be more opportunities for fame!
I am forcing my perfect french speaking friends to teach me at least a few phrases of french per day. I know the title of this post may seem like a silly question. I mean, don't get me wrong, of course I knew they spoke french, but i didn't expect to be THIS lost. I feel like i'm a little infant and I can't go anywhere alone without a translator. But i'm realizing it's a blessing because it's inspiring me to learn the language quicker!

In addition: I just realized that there are a few churches all over town and they all have bells that go off on the hour and since there are so many churches there is ringing for like 10 minutes straight. It's actually quite cute!

Today I ate a lychee! It was delicious, yum yum! Possibly new favorite fruit. I need to research the background and see if it can successfully be moved into the top 10 favorite fruits.

Alright- bon nuit! A bientot!

1 comment:

  1. Don't make me come over there and have a little talk with those "boys"!

    ReplyDelete