Tuesday, January 17, 2012

When in Rome...Anchorman style.

Bonsoir! I am now going on my sixth night of being on my studying adventure and I must say...it feels like I have been away for years!! I guess it is because I have been doing so many things and meeting so many people that each day seems to be at least a month!

I have met an enormous amount of people and I think it's safe to say that when in doubt-call her Meryiam! I swear, there are like 25 myriams (different variations) at our school! In addition, it was unbelievable that I now know people from nearly everywhere in the world! It is so neat to be able to walk down the hall and meet people from Tunisia, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Algeria,Sweden, Egypt and much more! There is such an abundance of culture here and I am truly so fortunate to be surrounded by it!
Last night, all of the students returned and we had a little get together so everyone could reminisce about the break and it was both overwhelming and interesting to meet everyone and hear seriously 5 different languages being spoken at one time.

I guess thoughts of competition in the business world are ever-present and i'm curious how I can possibly compete with some of these students who are fluent in so many languages and educated about so many topics. But for now, I am happy that I can meet and befriend them and engage in conversation.

Today I met up for coffee with some friends! I ordered a cappuccino and I am obsessed! I am slowly realizing that I am going to return to the US broke and addicted to coffee. Fair warning!
Now i'm off to take a shower in a "community" shower where I am sure I will turn into a Popsicle on the walk back to my room. It's cold here all of a sudden! Not cool, what happened to the living on the Mediterranean thing?

xoxo-
your coffee addict American citizen

No comments:

Post a Comment